You are 1 Month old, my love!
I can't believe how fast time has gone. You have changed so much in this short amount of time...let me count the ways...
1. You are growing! I think you have gained close to 2 pounds since birth! (On January 2nd I took you to the doctor and you weighed 8 lbs 14 ounces...that is 1 lb 12 ounces more than you weighed at birth!) I can barely squeeze you into newborn size clothes, and you are starting to get little rolls on your arms and legs, and chubby little cheeks too. You are the epitome of cuteness!
2. You have started to smile and coo! It's still pretty early, but every once in a while you give us the biggest grin, and you look so sweet! You mostly like to smile at your daddy :)
3. You sleep in your own crib, and put yourself to sleep. You still wake about 2-3 times to eat between the hours of 8pm and 7am, but after you get your belly full, mommy can put you right back down and you drift into sleep. Yay!
4. You are super alert and strong. You recognize voices and faces, and track moving things across the room. You can push yourself up with your arms when I lay you on your belly for tummy time.
And it really seems that each day you do something new...you are perfect!
So in your first month of life you...
1. Had your first Christmas.
2. Had your first New Years.
3. Had your first cold :( Thank you Jade and Cole! I had to take you to the doctor to make sure it wasn't anything to serious (you're congested breathing and coughing gave mommy a scare!) but it was just a virus and it will run it's course and you will be just fine. Lot's of TLC from mommy to get you comfortable as you fight this cold.
4. Went to church for the first time...and you were a little angel :)
Ivy, I love watching you grow. I love nursing you (you are an exceptional nurser!) I love cuddling you, and so does your daddy, sister, and brother. You are beautiful.